PE and Sport Premium is funding from the Government which should be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
This means that we should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
At the beginning of each financial year, a report is written, setting out how we intend to use the allocated funding. This report is reviewed when we are notified of the allocation for September to April, and again at the end of the financial year.
There are five key indicators that we are working to see improvement in:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity (at least 30 minutes per day within school)
- that the profile of PE and sport is being raised across the school
- that there is increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff delivering PE and sport sessions
- that a broader range of activities and sports is being offered to all pupils
- that there is increased participation in competitive sport.